Project Update 10/16/2020
Work Completed this Week:
- SW 7th Ave from SW 2nd St to SW 1st St – Crews continued installing the 18” RCP Exfiltration Trench.
- SW 4th Street from SW 7th Ave to SW 8th Ave – Roadway Reconstruction continues with fine grading the 8” Rock Base and installation of new Curbs & Gutters, Sidewalks and Driveways.
- SW 4th Street and SW 8th Ave Intersection – Reconstruction of the intersection began with removing the old road base and installing the new Rock Base.
- 8” RWM Testing – The new 8” Reclaimed Water Main that’s been installed was flushed and passed the Pressure Test.
Week of October 19th thru October 23rd Work Schedule:
- SW 7th Ave between SW 2nd St to SW 1st St – Complete the installation of the 18” RCP Exfiltration Trench.
- SW 4th Street between SW 7th Ave to SW 8th Ave – Rock Base to be completed and ready for the 1st lift of asphalt.
- SW 4th Street and SW 8th Ave Intersection – Pavement Reconstruction to continue with installation of new concrete curbs & Sidewalks and ready for 1st lift of asphalt.
- SW 7th Ave from SW 4th St to SW 3rd Street – Pavement Reconstruction to begin. Work includes new Curb & Gutters, On Street Parking, Sidewalks and driveways.
Asphalt Paving to begin 10/21/20 – areas along SW 4th Street from SW 7th Ave to SW 10th Ave will get the first lift of asphalt pavement placed.
Daily Lane Closures/Detours:
- SW 7th Ave between SW 1st Street to SW 2nd Street will be closed to thru traffic during installation of the new Drainage Structures.
- SW 4th Street between SW 7th Ave to SW 10th Ave will be closed to thru traffic for Pavement Reconstruction. Once the new asphalt is placed, this section will be opened to all traffic.
- Please follow daily detour routes and watch for Flaggers in Work Zone Areas.