Project Update 4/30/2021
Work completed this week:
- SW 7th Ave between SW 6th St to SW 7th St – Crews completed installing new Sidewalks & Driveways along the West side and a few locations on the East Side. Crews also installed the new Irrigation water service connections.
- SW 3rd Ct between SW 8th Ave to SW 10th Ave – Crews graded for sidewalks along the south side and began pouring new sidewalks.
- SW 6th St between SW 5th Ave to SW 8th Ave – Crews installed new water irrigation services for the proposed landscaping.
- Alleyway 3 – Crews installed the signage onto the new Bollards.
- Alleyway 4 – Crews installed the new Bollards and began installing the new signage onto the Bollards.
Saturday, May 1st – Crews will be onsite doing cleanout throughout the project.
Work scheduled for week of May 3rd:
- SW 3rd Ct – between SW 8th Ave to SW 10th Ave – Continue with installing the new concrete sidewalks & driveways.
- SW 6th St – between SW 5th Ave to SW 8th Ave – Begin final grading of the 8” Rock Base in preparation for the 1st lift of Asphalt.
- SW 7th Ave – between SW 7th St to SW 8th St – Continue with installation of the new Sidewalks & Driveways.
- SW 6th St at SW 8th Ave – Crews to begin pavement reconstruction at the intersection with pavement removal and excavation for new rock base.
- Alleyway 4 – finish installing the Bollards.
- Alleyway 6 – begin grading along the header curbs and begin installation of the Bollards.
- Landscaping – crews are scheduled to begin installing the new plants and irrigation at the traffic calming islands along SW 4th St.
Daily Street Closures/Detours
- SW 6th St between SW 5th Ave to SW 8th Ave – roadway will be closed while crews are fine grading rock base.
- SW 3rd Ct will be closed (open to local traffic only) during the day as crews begin Pavement Reconstruction and installing sidewalks/driveways.
- Please follow posted detours and watch for flaggers in Work Areas.