Project Update 5/7/2021
Work completed this week:
- SW 7th Ave between SW 6th St to SW 7th St – Crews began excavation and placing new base rock for the pavement reconstruction.
- SW 3rd Ct between SW 8th Ave to SW 10th Ave – Crews completed installing the new sidewalks along the South Side and began installing new sidewalks on the North Side. Crews also completed the new Watermain connection at SW 8th Ave and began completing the water service transfers.
- SW 6th St between SW 5th Ave to SW 8th Ave – Crews finished excavating the intersection at SW 8th Ave and graded all new base rock areas for the placement of the 1st lift of asphalt.
- Alleyway 4 & 6 – Crews continued with installing the new Bollards at utility poles.
- SW 7th Ave between SW 1st St to SW 2nd St – crews completed the sewer main repair.
Work scheduled for week of May 10th:
- SW 3rd Ct between SW 8th Ave to SW 10th Ave – Crews will continue with installing new concrete sidewalks & driveways. Crews will continue transferring water services to the new 8” Watermain.
- SW 6th St between SW 5th Ave to SW 8th Ave – Crews are scheduled to pave the 1st lift of Asphalt.
- SW 7th Ave between SW 6th St to SW 7th St – Complete the excavation and placement for the new Rock Base and grade section for 1st lift of asphalt.
- SW 7th Ave between SW 7th St to SW 8th St – Continue with installation of the new Sidewalks & Driveways.
- Alleyways 4, 5 & 6 – continue with installing the new Bollards at the Utility Poles and grading along the header curbs.
- Landscaping – crews are scheduled to begin installing the new plants and irrigation at the traffic calming islands along SW 4th St.
Daily Street Closures/Detours
- SW 6th St between SW 5th Ave to SW 8th Ave – roadway will be closed during paving of the 1st lift of Asphalt.
- SW 3rd Ct will be closed (open to local traffic only) during the day as crews continue installing sidewalks/driveways and new water services.
- Please follow posted detours and watch for flaggers in Work Areas.